Wednesday, April 16, 2008

ABC - Anything But Content - Debate

OK - you can tell by my blogging today I'm a bit peeved.

I like Charlie Gibson and had hoped for a return to a more sensible conversation.

Boy - was that a crazy expectation.

Maybe 10% issues, 90% silliness.

Good thing I know who I'm voting for, because I would have learned absolutely nothing tonight.

Except for how not to look irritated when asked a silly question.

I'll get back to the knitting blog that this is - I've broken 350 barrier in stashed yarns on Ravelry. I'm not proud of that fact. I'm stashing so I can catalog what I need to destash. Clearly - I need to destash quite a bit. I've found yarns I thought were so cool in my earlier knitting days. Now I can't imagine what I was thinking.

Or - maybe the yarn is cool - I just don't like it. Like I'm apparently the only one that doesn't like knitting with Noro Silk Garden. I love the look of it. I had stash of it and projects to make with it. I found I would start - then quickly loose interest in any project with that yarn. I think I have sensitive hands. Not in an allergic way - I just am sensitive to feel. I love the feel of wool - even wool that is not smooth. But I've always struggled with silks. Something about the stickiness of it maybe? Some blends I don't have an issue with - but in general I've had a "blah" factor for Silk Garden and Silky Wool. Oddly - I loved working with the non-exotic Moda Dea Silk N' Wool. I say it's non-exotic, but I think it's a hidden gem. The yarn rocks.

They say the first step is admitting there is a problem. I guess publishing your yarn addictions for the world to see in Ravelry is step #1 for me.

As a result - I didn't get as much knitting done as I would like. I got pass the knitted lace section on the first 1/2 of the Sampler Shawl. Yeah! On to the rows and rows of lace knitting which I like a LOT better.

I also started my first of 10 squares for the blankets of many colors I'm knitting for the Black Purls charity project - I have 10 to do before May 2 so I'm trying to pace myself. A little lace, a little Hemlock, a little square. Repeat :)

1 comment:

Connie said...

You changed your blog...at first I didn't know where I was...LOL

I am going to have to check out that Moda Dea Silk and Wool.

Good job on your stash!