Sunday, February 03, 2008

Go Giants!

What a stunner - I left my parent's house with the Patriots ahead and came home to SHOCK! The Giants win.

Score 1 for the good guys.

During the low scoring (but exciting) Superbowl - I finished a little vest I started yesterday for Jada. I actually picked up the pattern to use some Baby Grande Alpaca in my stash for me. But when I read the pattern - I thought it would be easy to convert to a baby or kid's vest. And it was.

I CO 60 instad of 120 and use Size 10s instead of Size 11s. I also didn't use Alpaca because I didn't want to mess up nice yarn on a big mistake. It took two evenings to knit, really quick.

Here she is:

IMG00125.jpg

She actually won't be able to wear this very long. I need to make a bigger version now that I know how it works and better how to gauge the size. I think it may also need a button or toggle since I can't put on a pin.

I tried to take a picture of the back, but she wouldn't stay still!

IMG00129.jpg

I made it with a huge ball (100g) of Bernat Softee Chunky I picked up at A.C. Moore for kids sweaters and things. Basically yarn to experiment with.

That was a nice instant gratification project, now back to completing some of my scarves.

3 comments:

turtlegirl76 said...

How cute! Great job on the modification!

doreen said...

very cute, the vest too!

Virtuous said...

Her baby bolero shrug is stinkin' cute!!

Which pattern is that again?

I SO do NOT appreciate the pink & green! ;op Haha!! :o)