Saturday, December 30, 2006

While on vacation, I finished socks...


I finished the Koigu sock, Regia Bamboo sock and Trekking sock while at Myrtle Beach. It was a family vacation, and not really a time to knit. But I fit some knitting in now and then of course! Now I have to start the 2nd sock for all 3 pairs. I don't know why I just can't finish one set and then start another. Too many yummy yarns I guess and I want to knit all of them at the same time. But I like each sock so much - I have to get started on the 2nd one. They all fit me great, and I think I plan to keep all of them versus giving them as gifts like the past few I made. I want to have some good fitting socks for me, most of the ones I have are the gift rejects, my first experiemental pairs. These all will be ones I will be proud to wear in public :)


I also made progress on Jada's sweater. Hopefully I will post the final product late next week - if I can resist starting another pair of socks!


I was in a LYS today getting a yarn swift b/c mine was broken. Or at-least I thought but I did get it to work after I bought a new one. I'm not dissappointed however, because I wanted a wood one and the one I had was a metal/plastic one. The new wood swift is much sturdier and able to handle bigger hanks much better. Anyway - someone asked the shop owner how many projects she had going - her reply was a grumpy "I don't know, maybe 30 or 40". I don't feel so bad now about my 10-15 projects......



Happy New Year everyone.....





1 comment:

doreen said...

socks look good, though i can't see the back picture very well. . . I'm looking forward to seeing them in person!
You should keep these socks for yourself! Every knitting girl needs some lovely hand knit socks!