Saturday, December 30, 2006

Weaver's Wool Sox



I finally got around to finishing these socks. Too frustrated with the Kitchner - I took a note from my sister and did a 3-needle bindoff on the toe. I had wondered how that would work out and it's not too bad. A bit more bumpy, but not so much as to notice I think. I won't give them to a knitting perfectionist :) This pic is a bit blurry, but it's a lovely blue/purple mix. I used Elizabeth Zimmerman's Woodsman socks pattern. Ribbing, heel and toe. I like it and will have to use this pattern again, it's fast and easy. I started this in the hospital while on bedrest and knitted them while in labor, so these have special meaning to me.

1 comment:

doreen said...

pretty colors. Yes the 3nb is probably a little more bulky but it doesn't bother me. It's much faster than ks for me. I can ks with a diagram close by but that's the only way. 3nb gives me freedom.