Thursday, September 01, 2005

Did we not learn anything with 9/11?

This is a bit of a rant, but I have got to get it off my chest...

As a nation did we not learn anything during 9/11? The so called hurricane effort is the most pathetic excuse of a response I could have imagined. Let's hope we do not have a major terroist attack, because if this is any indication the reponse will be useless.

I think the Americas who are bonding together to help are tremendous. HOwever, the very slow coordination of goverment response is astounding. Apparently - different agencies rarely plan for emergencies together. How could we have so quickly moblized in Afganistan and Iraq for a war - but not get at least 1 meal and water to those stuck in New Orleans, Louisana, Mississipi and Alabama. There is a huge body of water by which supplies can be shipped in, one would think. And in 4 days why aren't there military ships with supplies on hand?

I just don't understand - it does appear that anything was learned after 9/11. What in the word have they been meeting about for the past 4 years. It's just amazing to me. There is no excuse.

No comments: