Sunday, July 13, 2008

Travel Projects

I'm on the road 3 weeks in July. I'm especially bummed because I was in Seattle last week, sick (again) and didn't get to go to any of my favorite places. Especially to Crossroads to see the Eastside Stitchers .

So - I'm not chatty. I've got another cold that turned into a sinus infection, so lots of late night coughing and very little sleeping. Travelling while sick is not fun, and I'm sure my plane partners and the people I was in town to meet probably wish I had stayed home. But the meetings sort of had to happen - and all things considered it was probably good I went. but that doesn't mean I have to be happy about it!

Next week - I'm in Atlanta for a company conference and meetings. Grrrr.

But then the week after that - we head to Asheville to take Janeen to Summer Camp. Smile. Finally, a trip I'm happy about!

So - while on the road - I'm knitting socks and crocheting.

First - My flat feet socks:

DSC00822

See the fabric, you can see the results of unravelling, but as I've said before, I sort of like it. It should all block out though. I also like the mini-stripes that are forming in the foot. Better than the pooling in the ribbing.

As if I didn't have enough socks on the needles - I felt a desperate need for some travel socks. Soft ones. Panda Wool is very yummy and fits the criteria nicely.

DSC00821

Travel socks you may say. Typically - I'm not really a sock person most days. I like my feet free and loose and wear flip flops most of the summer. I do wear my handmade socks in the house, in lieu of slippers. But rarely are my socks seen in public - except when I travel. I hate taking off my shoes barefoot and I also hate wearing shoes on the plane. Now that I make my own socks - they are perfect for travelling. Comfortable and perfectly fit for me.

Here are my feet with Socks and my favorite travelling shoes in Minneapolis - waiting for the plane during a thunderstorm. The picture was taken with my cell phone, so excuse the quality.

IMG00030.jpg

So - if you haven't started knitting socks yet. You have to give it a try!

Lastly - My crochet shawl was my travel project of choice this trip. And she made progress:

IMG00017.jpg

Not as much as the socks...

Next week I hope to visit Knitch in Atlanta, that will be a nice little side trip? If only I can go and keep my wallet out of danger - I'll have to let you know how it goes next post :)

6 comments:

doreen said...

i missed you. . . and will miss you more. August is coming.

Virtuous said...

OOh Janet! We've been missing ou too around here!! I really hope you feel better soon!

And I must say I love travel socks on the plane too!

Yes!! If you don't do anything else in ATL you MUST go to Knitch and you WILL be spending money! LOL

See you in August gurl! Many safe travels!

Heather said...

So sorry that you're sick again Janet! Feel better soon! We're vacationing in Atlanta in September, and I'm trying to figure out a way to drag DH to Knitch while we're there. :-) Be sure to tell us all about it if you do go!

Your socks look great! I'm loving the flat feet ones! (pooling and all!)

turtlegirl76 said...

Sorry you aren't feeling well. =( The socks look great though! They are the perfect travel knitting.p

Knit Witch said...

Well welcome in advance to Atlanta! You will love Knitch. But yeah, you should probably leave your wallet in the hotel room........

Anonymous said...

Oh, we were just wondering when you'd be back in Seattle. Sorry to hear you were sick when you were here. Hope to see you soon!

Safe travels