Tuesday, June 17, 2008

"Only the Lonely"

Only the lonely sock, knows how it feels........

I have a bad 2nd sock syndrome going on. As I have been cataloging stash, I've been finding various socks in progress - none of them complete. June and July are dedicated to completing these socks pairs......



A little ode to my lonely socks. Here is to several new sock pairs over the next two months.

I know I should knit 2 at a time, but I have a huge mental block against it. I guess I think it will reduce the portability having 2 long needles and two balls of yarn. Plus, I'm worried it will end up in a tangled mess.

I also love sock yarn - there are so many pretty yarns out there and it's so easy to cast on.....

Lastly - I always get stuck at the gusset. I go so fast on the leg and the foot, but the gusset bores me for some reason. If I could figure out the short-row heel perhaps I could jump over this hurdle. But for some reason I've never been able to complete one that I thought looked as good as a gusset heel.

Update: Check out my Meez! I've seen them on other sites, so I had to get me one. She's a little thicker - like Me. :) I couldn't get the face and eyes just right, it was taking too much time. I'll have to work on her when I have some more time.

1 comment:

Susan said...

You are not alone. Second sock syndrome hits us all. That's why I decided to get the 2 socks at one time book. That's the only way it'll ever work for me. lol.