Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Liisu Sock in progress - Bedrest project #4



So - still on the bedsock craze I started two with real sock-weight yarn versus worsted. much slower going.....but faster than socks with a heel :)

This one is with a really nice wook/mohair yarn made by Liisu. I love the colors - soft blues, lavendars, yellows and greens. Handpainted, nice mix of colors I haven't seen in any other handpainted yarns. And handpainted yarns are a major weakness for me. I also started one in a purple handpainted yarn (see a major weakness) made by Red Barn Farms - a yarn I found on ebay. I had made a crochet shawl with it but it turned out to be too small. So I frogged it and it is now becoming lovely socks. It's mostly made of purple colors (various shades) but every once in a while there is a suprise of royal blue. I need to get a pic of the sock in progress - but I doubt you will see the blue show up. That's a shame, I need to get better pics of these yarns, they are just so lovely.

1 comment:

doreen said...

pretty pretty, I love all of these bedsocks. I have to wind off the Lorna's to start my first pair!
I am so glad I got to visit you yesterday. I missed you. You've inspired me to take stock of my yarn again. . . Too much, and plan some projects. With all of my sewing though who knows when I'll actually finish anything?