Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Mom's Bed Socs - Bedrest Project #1


While on bedrest - I have been working on my knitting! So one project was socks that I promised my mom since Christmas last year. I knitted one, but one was really, really smaller than the other so they needed to be reknitted. Plus - I had discovered my twisting the knit stitch, and I wasn't about to knit the smaller one again with a twisted stich. So I reknitted them in a bed sock pattern. Basically a tub sock with a twisted rib stitch, and NO HEEL. Nice and fast, especially with worsted Super Merino. The twisted rib helps it stay on the heel properly. They knitted up fast and are oh so soft. The Artyarns Supermerino is a super wonderful yarn for worsted, it's so smooth it doesn't feel like wool but sort of like cotton actually. But with the springyness of wool - hard to explain if you haven't experienced it. Nice and warm too, but not too hot. Pricy, but I guess you get what you pay for.

2 comments:

none said...

pretty socks!

doreen said...

pretty mommy too! I'm glad you got these done for mommy! I know I love the socks you made for me. I'm wearing them right now!