Saturday, January 29, 2005

Back in Town

Hello - I am back from a business trip to Seattle. Of course I had to crochet and knit during my trip. I have to take advantage of the long flight!

This trip I focused on shawls. I made 2 new triangle shawls. I found a pattern that works with any yarn, just basically keep going until you reach a width of 60". It's the patten on the lionbrand site, for a Lion Suade shawl (http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/clsu-shawl.html). But the pattern can be easily upgraded to any yarn. I made one with Woolease T&Q!

I used them during my meetings, and everyone loved them.

I also found that the craft shops in the Seattle area are a lot nicer than the ones here in NC. They sell more variety of yarn, nicer yarns, and supplies. I didn't have time to visit many, just 2 very quickly before they closed. But I was impressed.

I'm still trying to figure out how to add photos. I need to add photos of my shawls, felted slippers, scarves, etc.

That's all for now - we are supposed to get an ice storm today! Fun, fun.

Janet

No comments: