Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Scarf and Shawl

A LOT has happened. I can't update everything on the blog - a girl has her little secrets you know. But I can update knit and crochet right?
This is a little lace scarf I made to practice knitted lace. It was pretty quick, made with Brown Sheep Cotton Fine. It was super soft to work with, but doesn't hold it's shape really well no matter how much a block it. Probalby would be better in a sweater instead of lace.


And this another lace shawl - made with a cotton/wool sock yarn. I like sock yarns for shawls. Just the right weight and a lot of yardage in the ball. This one took 3 balls - and it's over 60". I got the pattern from Jan Eaton's 200 Ripple Stiches book. I love that book and will definately make more items from it. I love this shawl but I think I am going to give it to someone who is having a rough time right now.

2 comments:

doreen said...

I understand what you mean about the green one, but it's still very pretty worn. Now the blue one. . . I haven't seen that one at all yet and I love the picture. Great job!

doreen said...

We've got to get together so that you can give me some pointers. . . You're going to be so far ahead of me when it comes to making lacey stuff by the time I catch up!